Monday, May 19, 2008

Private First Class Jensen

Kirt left for Basic Training on may 5th! He absolutely LOVES it! I MISS him so much! I am 100% behind him and extremely proud of what he is doing! He is giving up so much to be able to protect our family, country, and freedom! He has always wanted to do this and is looking forward to the opportunity to help and serve others! I couldn't ask for more! December is struggling with the absence of her daddy. She always was a daddy's girl! She thought he was eaten by a dinosaur while he was at work, he was able to talk to us for a minute and a half on the phone and she has done much better since. However she told him to watch out for the alligators and dinosaurs. Overall we keep busy, pray alot, and make due. It has opened my eyes to how much he did and had to worry about since it has been passed to my shoulders. I have a new appreciation for him and can't imagine having to do this the rest of my life like so many women have too.
He has had a lot of fun things happen! They have had some severe weather that makes utah weather look like a sunny day! They have sounded the tornado warning several times and done the drills. He said it made him a little nervous. He says it is horribly hot and humid, there are no trees, mountains, or much of anything but flats of grass. They shaved his head and he says that there is hardly anything left, it was a lot closer than he thought it would be! It doesn't bother him because of the heat and now all the gray hairs are gone! At church he has found a couple members of the church but most of them are other religions. He said that it is alot like being on a mission and at scout camp at the same time. He has had alot of great talks about the church with a few of the men there. He said that he and the other members get swarmed with questions about there beliefs almost all sunday. The men are very respectful and he is so excited every sunday for these experiences.
We finally were able to get his address today! I can't wait to start sending him letters. He will be graduating and coming home somewhere between Aug. 22 and Sept 1. He graduates Basic on july 18th then heads to his AIT(advanced individual training). I can't wait to see him! Thanks for all of your support and everything that you do for us! Have Fun, Try something new, and enjoy the summer!

Cam and Cembi

He would love to hear from all of you!!! You can't send him packages! Just letters and pics.
Kirts Address
PFC Jensen, Kirt, L
BTRY C, 1st BN, 40th FA
5611 NE Rothwell ST. Unit C3
Fort Sill, OK 73503-8026
On the back of the letter in the center of the flap write a large 3. That is his platoon number. Thanx,
cam

3 comments:

Jessica Jensen said...

Cami,
Thank you for letting us know what is going on, I have been wondering and praying for him. Thank you for his address, we will write him for sure!!
Thanks,
Jeneil

Jessica Jensen said...

Thanks for keeping us in touch. I really love your blog. Last time I tried to leave a comment it kept kicking me off but I did put it on ours immediately. Happy Birthday today too. Planning on giving you a call.
Jess

Brittany said...

I will have Kyler draw him some pictures. Sounds like you and him are staying busy. Give us a call, we need to go do something.

Our Favorite Songs


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones