Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentines Day

For valentines this year we made some dinosaur cookies with bright purple frosting and they were loaded with sprinkles! Everything December makes is extremely crunchy when she has access to sprinkles. Kirt woke up early and made me and December some chocolate covered strawberries for breakfast! He is so awesome! I am so stinking lucky!
Kirt is still waiting to see if he is going to be able to get into the masters program this year. We should know within the month hopefully. As for our summer plans we are leaning more to staying up here so he can keep his job with the school for the following year and work with the division up here. Nothing is certain however and everything depends primarily on wether or not he gets into the masters program.
As for me nothing much has changed except my hair color but those of you who know me know that it changes regularly. Next week I am going to try my hand at cheese making! We get fresh milk from a local dairy in exchange for some riding lessons so I am delving into the art of dairy products. Butter is obviously super easy so cheese seems like a fair challenge! They say it is easy to make and easy to ruin so wish me luck! Kirt is making me a cheese press so between the both of us this could be a very fun and interesting experience!
December is in gymnastics and absolutely loves it! She does really well at everything! She is such a strong and flexible little thing! However she inherited kirts attention span! So it is pretty funny some days! She is constantly baking her "special cakes" with her easy bake oven and creating beautiful portraits of our family. She spends much of her time jumping on our couch and sliding down our great mass of laundry that is waiting patiently to be folded (I HATE FOLDING LAUNDRY!). She puts her head through kirts sleave on his robe and runs around all day in her backwards underwear jumping off things being a super hero. We were eating lunch and she wouldn't eat so I tried to convince her to eat her lunch by saying " Eat your lunch so you can be big and strong like daddy!" Flexing her arms She replied "I am a super hero I don't eat food I am already super strong!" Well with that said we had no reply but to lauph as she lept from her chair in her rather revealing bath robe cape and underwear undefeated ready to stop yet another mean guy hiding in our laundry! Yep she is deffinately a super hero! I can't name one person who has saved me more than that little girl!

4 comments:

Jessica Jensen said...

What a fun day. Good luck with your chesse.

Brittany said...

Sounds like a good time, let me know how the cheese making turns out.

Kim said...

Cheese?? That sounds like an adventure! let us know how it works.

kami said...

December looks adorable!!! in her apron and cooking hat. did you make that?

Our Favorite Songs


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones