Wednesday, September 10, 2008

SUPRISE!

Well as most of you know kirt made it home! I was in the middle of canning tomatoe juice when our neighbor around the block walked up to my front door and left a large cardboard box that had two white and blue balloons that peeked out just above it's brim. I expected that they were dropping off a care package for me and december because of there constant concern for us. I opened the door and brought the box into our front room and opened it up to find a large balloon bouquet erupting in a mass of red, white, and blue amidst a seranade of music. Taped to there ribbons was a very familiar card. It was the same musical card that I had just mailed him three days earlier for him to open on his graduation. Still caught in a state of confusion I looked into the bottom of the box and found a bouquet of red, white, and blue daisy's, and some fresh raspberries. I couldn't figure out how they got a hold of that card, I guessed that kirt must have sent them the card so that they could help him arrange this surprise for me so that the next week would pass more quickly for me. I did have a brief thought that he was home but quickly extinquished that hopeful flame because he hadn't been able to call me for almost 2 weeks and I knew if he could have called he would have. I continued with my canning for 5 minutes when I recieved a pic message of him in his uniform at the base. I recognized it as one that he had already sent and asked him to send me a new one. Well he sent me a pic of him in uniform next to dingdong. I freaked out, grabbed december and hauled it out to the horses. I waited at the horses pasture and looked everywhere! He wasn't there! I felt like a complete fool! I thought to myself " cammie, I bet he took that picture before he left, idiot! Wow, I'm a dork!", I text him and asked him where he was and recieved a pic of him in front of our house next to our flag! I knew he was home this time and I wasn't crazy! I ran to the car, and drove like cruella devil to our house! Then bolted in the house! On the floor where a dozen rozes in the dog treat glass! I called his name, checked every room, ran downstairs and outside and could not find him. I instantly became aware of my tomatoe stained haggy pajamas and my unkempt ponytail! Oh well I thought! I looked out the kitchen window and sitting in the horse trailer was my camo man! I ran outside with nembi and hugged him mercilessly! He had a couple presents for december and held them out to her and she totally ignored the gifts and ran into his arms! He brought her a huge rainbow swirly sucker, and a camo clad army bear! It was the best surprise I have ever had! He was watching all of this from behind the neighbors apple tree only one house away! I didn't even see him! I told him it was his uniform but he says it was my enthusiasm that blinded me. He was right I think! I am so glad that he is home! It has been heaven! December is absolutely 100% happier! She is constant smiles! She has her moments mind you but overall she hasn't been this happy since before he left. I am happier than I have EVER BEEN IN MY LIFE!
He is going to school and has started taking his ROTC classes along with his other classes. He is pretty sure about becoming an officer! He would excell at it I think, and he really enjoys the ROTC program and his fellow comrades. I just barely got done with all of my fall canning, we did salsa and tomato juice and put away almost a hundred bottles. Needless to say I am happy it is done! Thankyou all for all of your help! Thanks Britt and chad, and Bart and Jess for the wonderful dinners that you have invited us to! Thanks so much for all of your company and prayers they were very needed! Thanks so much! Hopefully we will see you guys soon! Have fun and thanks again! If anyone needs anything please give us a call so we can repay the favor! Thanks so much!!! cam, kirt, and cembi

6 comments:

kelley said...

Congratulations Kirt and Cami . . . so glad he's home! I agree, what a surprise

Jessica Jensen said...

It was fun to here how it all happened from your point of view. I just smiled the whole time. When he called Bart the night before I wanted to call and tell you so bad. It was all I had in me to not do it. I am glad to have him home for the both of you!

Brittany said...

What a neat way to surprise you, I bet you were so excited. He was pretty creative with the whole deal. Good job Kirt!! Congrats to both of you. We are just starting our fall canning, we did pears tonight. You guys will need to come over again soon...maybe you can bring some of those gremlin rolls.

Devan & Loni Meadows said...

Cammie, I have to say, we don't keep up things with everyone often enough. I didn't know Kirt was gone until I read it on your blog. It sounds like you were very surprised and happy to have him home. I'm happy for you, in fact a tear even came to my eye reading about his surprise. I don't know what I'd do if Devan left for more than a few weeks. Well keep in touch.
Love, Loni & Devan family

Anonymous said...

Hi Cammie! I'm glad to hear Kirt's home. I know how hard it can be to have to be away from your husband. It's almost worth it for the feeling you get when they're home. Almost worth it, but not quite. I'm happy for you.

Kim said...

What a way to surprise you and December. I am glad he made it home and we can't wait to see you guys! Hurry back home to Price soon!

Kim

Our Favorite Songs


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones